So recently I’ve been nominated twice for another blogger award, and this time its the Sisterhood of the World bloggers award. Before I get on to the rules and questions and nominations and so on, I really want to thank you all again for all your support through my first few months of starting my blog. It feels so amazing to have been nominated for so many awards (I have another coming up soonish!) and I could never have imagined getting this response after so short a time of blogging! So a huge huge thank you to the wonderful girls over at Plus+ Beauty and Lifestyle for Less for nominating me! Please go follow their blogs if you haven’t already, they really are wonderful. Anywhoo, enough with the mush, here we go.
– Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
– Put the award logo on your blog.
– Answer the ten questions they have set you.
– Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
– Nominate ten people
Plus+ Beauty questions:
1. What is your favourite drugstore brand?
At the minute its Rimmel. There’s not anything I’ve tried lately that I haven’t liked.
2. What is your “I cannot live without” beauty item?
In general I think it’s brow products, so right now I guess it’s the Elf studio brow kit.
3. What is your favourite hair product?
I must admit I am the absolute worst at hair care, and styling for me goes as far as a bit of heat protector spray before curling. But I do love the Tresemme heat protector spray.
4. What are your favourite eye shadow colors?
At the minute I’ve just been using Bootycall all over the lid, with a bit of Tease in the crease as my go-to ‘work look’ – both from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.
5. What is your all time favourite lipstick?
There’s no way you can make me chose! But I might have to say Captive by MAC, a beautiful pinky plum colour, in my favourite Satin finish.
6. If you could choose any colour of eyeliner besides black, which one would you choose?
Definitely navy, especially after seeing an Essie Button vlog where she uses the (I think) Stila Stay All Day liquid liner in Midnight. I need it for my collection!
7. What is your favourite high end brand?
I guess MAC, or, if you consider it high end, Urban Decay.
8. What is your go-to must have foundation?
For drugstore it’s Rimmel Match Perfection (have I gone on about it enough yet?!), and for more high-end I’m in love with the MAC Matchmaster.
9. What is the best mascara in your opinion?
Maybelline the Falsies!
10. What is the next item you wish to buy from your ‘wishlist’?
Aside from my long list of MAC lipstick shades, it would be theBalm Mary Lou Manizer, I believe Superdrug now carry theBalm in the UK! At least they list them on their website.
Lifestyle for Less questions:
1. If you could only use one make up product for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Probably mascara, it just instantly changes the way my eyes look, and so in turn makes me look generally more lovely and awake.
2. What’s your favourite mascara?
The Maybelline Falsies
3. What made you start a blog?
I’d always loved reading blogs and watching vloggers, and I wanted my own place to talk about what I love.
4. What’s your favourite ever product?
I don’t think I’ve found anything yet that stands out to me so much it could be considered ‘favourite ever’
5. Do you prefer high end or budget brands and why?
I love drugstore for the fact it is good quality, yet affordable. But there’s just something so lovely about saving to get a more luxurious and expensive item you’ve been eying for a while!
6. What is your night time/evening skin care routine?
To summarise; I wipe off the majority of my makeup with a Johnsons ‘makeup be gone’ wipe, then use a micellar water on a cotton pad, then the Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean cleanser and remove with a face cloth, then moisturise with my Nivea night cream, and finish with an Avon eye cream.
7. How long does it take you to get ready on an average day?
Not long at all, maybe 15 minutes.
8. Who is your style crush?
Dita Von Teese ❤
9. What got you interested in make up, fashion and beauty?
My mums friend always used to look so glamourous. I remember her teaching me how to apply lipstick when I was young and from there I’ve always had a love for how makeup/beauty items could make you feel.
10. Outlandish lip stick colours (greens, blues, purples etc) are they okay?
If that’s what you want to wear then go for it! I’d personally probably never wear greens, blues or yellows or anything, but bright pinks, purples, blacks etc, I’d give it a go!
And my questions for you:
1- What is your go-to lipstick to make you feel good?
2- If you had to choose just one perfume for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3- Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
4- What’s your favourite TV show?
5- What is one thing you’re looking forward to?
6- What is the last book you read?
7- If you had to choose between only using base products (foundation, concealer, etc) or only using eye products (mascara, eyeshadow) which would it be?
8- Do you ever wear false eyelashes?
9- If you could recommend just one skin care product, what would it be?
10- Gel eyeliner or liquid?
And that’s it ladies! I really hope you take on this award, but I think it’s a great one! Don’t forget to display it on your blog. Can’t wait to read your answers.