Apologies for another ‘award’ post but I really liked the look of this one, and (without getting too gushy here) I feel so honoured to have been nominated for something like this, and the Liebster award. All the support I’ve received since I started up my blog last month has been amazing, and I feel like the beauty community of WordPress is something like no other. I was scared of beginning a blog in case no one liked what I had to give, but I’ve felt so at ease, and all the comments and likes and follows was something I never expected. Thank you for everything so far and I hope you stick around for more, I’ve got some great things planned!
I was actually nominated by three different people for this award! So a massive thank you to Laura Borealis, Snoozers and Bonfire Beauty Blog – make sure you go check them out! A full list of rules for this award, and information on the giveaway, is over on Cecilia’s Corner so go check that out for all the information you need. But basically, all you need to do is answer the seven beauty questions on Cecilia’s blog post, and nominate seven beauty bloggers to go do the post themselves!
So here are the beauty questions!
1. Where does your makeup inspiration come from? I love pin-up style makeup, and my makeup goal in life is to perfect the cat eye! But I also love Taylor Swift; her makeup is sort of pin-up-esque but perhaps in a more wearable way. I’m not afraid of a bold red lip for day-to-day wear!
2. What are 3 of your makeup Holy Grail products you cannot live without? I have to first say my MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. I don’t use it every single day, but it’s one of those products I always repurchase and I know I’ll get good results with.
Second would be my ELF Studio Brow Kit in Ash. Brows are something I will always do even if I’m just sticking on a bit of powder and mascara to go with it. It’s a must for me, and I have been loving this brow kit.
And lastly, I’d say my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Does a brush count?! I’m pretty fickle with a lot of makeup products; I’ll be obsessed for a while then I’ll find something better and change my mind, but this brush just blends and applies foundation so wonderfully. I can’t see me changing this any time soon!
3. What is your makeup signature look which you have on most of the time? Definitely a cat eye, sometimes paired with a bold lip depending on the occasion. I have a long list of eyeliners I want (no, need!) to try out!
4. Let us know your favorite makeup brands? At the moment; MAC, Rimmel, Urban Decay, Maybelline.
5. Your ultimate makeup pet peeve? When people leave a gap between their eyeliner on the top lash line, and their mascara/lashes. Fill it in, please!
6. You’ve heard about all the hype on this makeup item, bought it, tried it and don’t understand what all the fuss is about…Name that product! The L’Oreal Paris True Match foundation. I heard nothing but good about this foundation and so didn’t hesitate to pick this up when I was in need of a new foundation. But something about it just doesn’t work with me! I tried applying it with a brush, with fingers, over moisturiser, no moisturiser. I’m going to try it out with a primer next but if that doesn’t work, I give up!
7. Concealer OR foundation ONLY for the rest of your life. Choose one and tell us the reason! Concealer definitely. In these past summer weeks when the humidity has been awful I’ve just been using some concealer with a bit of powder. My skin isn’t all that bad at the moment so I don’t feel like I need a full face of makeup. Though maybe that answer will change come winter when I love a flawless face!
There you go! There’s my answers! My own seven nominees are;
As I said before, check out Cecilia’s Corner for all the info on the rules, as well as giveaway details. You must check it all out right here(!!!): Cecilia’s Corner – The beauty blogger of the month award/Benefit Push-Up Eyeliner giveaway.
Thanks so much again for this opportunity! So many lovey feels right now!